Categories: Carrots, Dinner, Kid-friendly, Potatoes, Squash, Tomatoes Ingredients: Beef Broth, Bread Dough, Carrots, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Fennel, Flour, Fresh Herbs, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Peppers, Potatoes, Red Wine, Salt, Sirloin Steak, Squash, Zucchini
- 1 pound thin, boneless sirloin steak or 1 pound chicken cut in 1 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Use any, or all of the following veggies:
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 onion
- 1-3 potatoes, about ½ pound peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup peppers, mix them up
- 2-3 zucchini or any squash you have, diced
- 1-2 tsp any fresh herb
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup broth, beef or chicken
- 1 package Bridgeford bread dough
Instructions: In a large bowl toss the meat with flour, season with salt and pepper. In a dutch oven, heat olive oil and add the meat and cook until brown.
Remove meat and add the veggies and cook until just tender.
Return the meat and add the liquid and herbs. Cook until the veggies are tender and the meat can be easily pulled apart. Divide the dough that has been thawed, into equal parts. Roll out in a 7 inch round. Place stew mixture on one half and fold over the other half.
Moisten the edges of dough so to stick together and crimp the edges to seal. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake until puffed and browned. 15-20 minutes. Multiply ingredients to make desired amount. Above makes 4-6 calzones.
Abundant Harvest Organics Products found in this recipe: Tomatoes, Carrots, Potatoes, Onions, Peppers, Squash, Fennel