Categories: Carrots, Dinner, Gluten-Free, Greens, Kid-friendly, Potatoes, Side Dish, Soup, Tomatoes, Turnips Ingredients: Beef, Bok Choy, Carrots, Chicken, Chicken Stock, Collards, Fennel, Herb, Lemongrass, Shallots, Tomatoes, Turkey, Turnips, Veggies, Water
- 1 onion diced or 2 shallots diced
- 1 shoot of lemongrass cut up
- 2 turnips peeled and diced
- 1 bunch of bok choy chopped up
- Couple of carrots diced
- 2-3 potatoes cut up
- ½ bunch collards
- Cut up any herb that is left over that you would like to add to the pot.
- 5 c stock (chicken, beef or turkey)
- 1 bulb fennel diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 14 oz can of diced fire roasted tomatoes drained.
- Chicken, beef, or turkey may be added
- Any other root veggies that you may have leftover and don’t know what to do with add them as well.
In a large stock pot:
Saute onion, lemon grass and fennel or celery in butter or olive oil until translucent.
Add the stock or broth. Bring broth or stock to a boil.
Add the sautéed veggies and diced up root vegetables to the pot. Bring to a boil then turn to simmer.
Add the fire roasted tomatoes. Allow veggies to become slightly tender,
then add the leafy greens that you have to the pot (collard greens, bok choy etc).
If you desire to add any meat that is already cooked and diced or shredded add at this time (I added some leftover shredded Thanksgiving Turkey – yum!). Also any additional water to make to your desired consistency.
Add seasoning and herbs as well. (I added salt, pepper, and about 1/2 tsp of herbs de provence).
Allow this to simmer for 45 min to hour.
Serve hot. May sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or seasoned croutons to garnish. ENJOY!